Zapier is a service that allows you to easily manage webhooks between apps. With Zapier, you are able to get notifications on your Slack channels when a scan is run.
PLEASE NOTE: This can be done at an Organisation level or a Project level. At the Organisation level, all scans will trigger the webhook. To choose this, use the Administration > Webhooks menu from either the Organisation page or a Project overview.
- First, sign up to Zapier and click "Make a Zap!"
- Use the App search bar, to find and select "Webhooks by Zapier", choose "Catch Hook" as the trigger event and click Continue.
- You will be provided with a Custom Webhook URL. Copy this and open CodeScan Cloud.
- Navigate to the Administration > Webhooks menu at either the Organisation or Project level (see note above)
- Create a new webhook using the custom URL and give it a name you will remember.
- Now run a scan to trigger the webhook. This will allow you to find the the webhook in zapier and customise the output as we'll see soon.
- Next is the "Do This..." step. Search and select Slack and choose the Action Event that you want.
- Click continue and add your Slack Account. Click continue.
- Customise the message to your liking using the webhook fields, your own text and Zapier's formatting options.
- Click continue, then send a test to Slack!