CodeScan - Release notes
NEW CLOUD FEATURES
- Salesforce Project Branch Types
- When adding a sandbox to your Salesforce project as a branch, you are now able to specify the type of branch you would like to add (Long or Short). Find out more here about branches here.
NEW METADATA RULES
- BETA metadata ruleset added
- Our beta metadata ruleset has been added to this release. Currently you will find rules covering security settings, custom fields, permissions and record type ID's. This addition also includes a setting to define the metadata types to be downloaded. Find out more here for CodeScan Cloud and here for a Self Hosted package.xml file.
NEW APEX RULES
- Aura Controller Naming
- Aura Controllers should adhere to certain naming conventions. Only classes linked to a page as a controller or extension are considered.
- Track Usage of @SuppressWarnings
- Overuse of the @SupressWarnings annotation can mean issues in your code are not picked up. This rule flags each usage to make sure it is needed.
- Track Usage of //NOSONAR
- Overuse of the //NOSONAR rule suppression can mean issues in your code are not picked up. This rule flags each usage to make sure it is needed.
- Field Level Security now specifies the field it is failing on.
- Old Page API Version now specifies API version in message (v4.4.4)
- Excessive Method Length no longer counts comments as lines.
- Use Singleton now ignores Aura controllers.
- NPath Complexity now calculates correctly around ternary statements.
- False positive fixed in Unnecessary Boolean Assertion.
- Avoid Public Fields now ignores Aura fields.
- False positive fixed in InlineStyleAttributesCheck for lightning:formattedNumber tag (v4.4.4)
- Field Level Security no longer detects WITH_SECURITY_ENFORCED (v4.4.4)
- Edge cases of DML parsing fixed (v4.4.4)
- Edge cases of Copado parsing fixed (v4.4.4)
- Classes extending nested classes parsing fixed (v4.4.4)
- General Parser fixes and improvements (v4.4.4)