CodeScan provides you with 2FA for your account privacy and security. This document helps you understand how to setup and work with 2FA.
Note: If you are setting up a 2FA, make sure that you are saving the token generated carefully as it allows you to reset the 2FA if you have trouble logging in or getting push notifications.
Once you are on codescan.io login page, on the top-right corner you will find the signup and login buttons.
If you are a new customer and have not set up your account yet with code scan, click on sign-up and it will open up a new tab on which you can fill out the required information.
- Make sure you select the option which says Require Two-Factor Authentication as shown below in the image.
Select sign-up and it gives you the option to choose from which you can download the authenticator app on your mobile phone. Once you have downloaded the app choose the option I’ve already downloaded it to continue.
Next, you will be prompted to scan the QR-code with your Guardian(authenticator) app.
- Now, a token is generated which is available on the screen for you to copy and save it.
- Click the check box to confirm you have recorded it and continue.
And you have set your 2FA!!
- Now go to the login tab on the codescan.io page and enter your user name/email id and click next.
- You will be able to view a page as in the image below and should also get a notification on your authenticator app. You can either select allow directly from the app to login or enter code manually.
- If no action is taken, the page pops up another tab on which you can resend the push notification or select the option which says Use the recovery code if you are not receiving the push notifications.
You also have the option to enter the code manually which you receive as a push notification on your guardian app. All you have to do is to select the option which says “enter the code” as in the image above.
The page will timeout for security reasons if idle for long enough as shown below.
If you choose Use recovery code, you will be able to see an option as in the image below where you enter your token key which was generated while the 2FA was set-up.
- Once you enter the token and click next, it will generate another token which you have to update and will also be logged in
If you still find it difficult or have any troubles like lost token or login issues contact support and we will be able to assist you.