This document is a guide on how to add a git project to your CodeScan cloud account and run the analysis. This method can be used to add a project from any git based SCM however if you are using a cloud version of Github, Bitbucket or Gitlab, we suggest you use the specific integration for your repository.
- Login into your CodeScan account.
- Once you login into your CodeScan account, on the top right corner, click on the ‘ + ’ icon and select “Analyze new project” as in the image below.
- It redirects you to another window which has the option “Add Analysis Project”. Click on it and select github from the given options as in the image below.
- You will now see a new popup window as in the image below.
- Select the appropriate option by clicking on the icons being displayed in the above image.
- Now another popup window will appear as shown below.
- It has fields such as “Git URL”, “Git Username”, “Git Password”, “Key”, “Name”, “Scheduling”, “Schedule” as in the image.
- Enter the repository details such as URL, username and password in their respective fields followed by the project branch name.
- Now, enter the project key under Key followed by the project name.
Note: To know where to find the project key, refer our document on how to do it by clicking here.
- Under Scheduling, choose whether you want to run the project automatically by selecting Daily or manually by selecting Manual.
- If you select Daily, another field named Schedule has to be selected by choosing the time you want the automatic analysis to be triggered.
- Once you fill out all the details in the popup window, select Add and Run Now. This triggers the project analysis along with the project being added under your CodeScan organization.
This project will now run daily at the scheduled time unless configured otherwise.