CodeScan - Release notes
NEW CLOUD FEATURES
- Native GitLab Integration
- Your GitLab cloud repo's are now just one click away with our new GUI integration.
- Verbose Billing Warnings
- Billing warnings will now be more verbose.
- Single Sign On
- Single sign on has been added for those who would prefer to use their Salesforce, Microsoft, GitHub or Bitbucket login.
NEW APEX RULES
- Avoid using null conditions in SOQL WHERE clause.
- By default, index tables do not include null records. WHERE clauses which include nulls will therefore require a full scan, which can be very slow for large data volumes. The developer must determine if a fix is needed.
- Page Action with a simple redirection
- Avoid creating a page action which makes a simple client side redirect.
- Sending outbound emails using Messaging.sendEmail
- Emails sent with Messaging.sendEmail count against daily limits which can cause rejection. The developer must determine if a fix is needed.
- Using Batch Apex from a trigger is dangerous
- Ensure that jobs created by the trigger do not exceed job limit.
- Using Database.AllowCallouts interface in Batch Apex
- It is not recommended to make HTTP calls as part of Batch Apex logic.
- Source files should have a sufficient density of comment lines (v4.5.3)
- This version of the rule is able to be used in the IDE. An issue is created on a file as soon as the density of comment lines on this file is less than the required threshold.
- DMLWithoutSharingEnabled now takes Inheritance into account (v4.5.2)
- FieldLevelSecurity now has a parameter to check classes that extend system level classes ie. Database.Batchable, Queueable and Install Handler (v4.5.3)
- CommentRequired now checks for private methods via parameter (v4.5.3)
- Parsing issues for the Safe Navigation Operator fixed (v4.5.1)
- False positive fixed in SOQLInjection (v4.5.1)
- False positive fixed in AuraEnabledWithoutCatchBlock (v4.5.1)
- EsLint configuration files are no longer picked up with analysis (v4.5.3)
- False positive fixed in BadCrypto (v4.5.3)